This One Takes Me Back To Canada

. Wednesday, April 22, 2020 .
My grandparents had a little fishing place in Picton, Ontario, Canada...Accommodating Bay...Lake Ontario.  Every year at the end of the summer before everyone left to go home they would throw a huge fish fry.  Everyone would bring side dishes and they would cook fish...pounds and pounds of fish and hush puppies that were as big as softballs and would melt in your mouth.  I was talking to Jon Milligan the other day about it, don't know why.  Then frozen walleye ended up on my front porch.

Jon provided the fish and the cornmeal.  I had the rest!

Oh, man!  Smells from my childhood.

golden brown

fish sandwiches for dinner
  Momaw would be proud!  McDonald's got nothin' on me!
Thanks, Jon it was delicious!
My grandparents had a little fishing place in Picton, Ontario, Canada...Accommodating Bay...Lake Ontario.  Every year at the end of the summer before everyone left to go home they would throw a huge fish fry.  Everyone would bring side dishes and they would cook fish...pounds and pounds of fish and hush puppies that were as big as softballs and would melt in your mouth.  I was talking to Jon Milligan the other day about it, don't know why.  Then frozen walleye ended up on my front porch.

Jon provided the fish and the cornmeal.  I had the rest!

Oh, man!  Smells from my childhood.

golden brown

fish sandwiches for dinner
  Momaw would be proud!  McDonald's got nothin' on me!
Thanks, Jon it was delicious!

No comments

Post a Comment

newer older Home