Cinnamon Knots

. Saturday, February 12, 2011 .
Mark's schedule has changed at work so we don't have two fun weekend a month now to go out and explore new places to eat.  So to fill in the blanks, I think I might start posting some of the recipes we use around here.  I know about now my kids that are reading this are saying, 'Oh great!' because in my family circle I am not know as a good cook.  We have some really good ones that we use over and over again.  I have been trying to come up with new stuff with not much success.  But this morning I think I might have found a fun one...a winner.
CINNAMON KNOTS

We love our Monkey Bread around here and nothing could ever take it's place but these Cinnamon Knots are pretty delicious.  I saw a recipe for them using real dough, you know the kind you mix up with yeast...didn't have any so I used a can of biscuits.  I cut each biscuit into thirds.  Rolled each like a  snake about 6 inches long.  Then I drowned them in melted butter and rolled them individually in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.  Stretched them a little bit and tied a knot.  Places them on my pizza stone at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.  Mnmmm, mmmm, mmmm!  I think there are three left!
Mark's schedule has changed at work so we don't have two fun weekend a month now to go out and explore new places to eat.  So to fill in the blanks, I think I might start posting some of the recipes we use around here.  I know about now my kids that are reading this are saying, 'Oh great!' because in my family circle I am not know as a good cook.  We have some really good ones that we use over and over again.  I have been trying to come up with new stuff with not much success.  But this morning I think I might have found a fun one...a winner.
CINNAMON KNOTS

We love our Monkey Bread around here and nothing could ever take it's place but these Cinnamon Knots are pretty delicious.  I saw a recipe for them using real dough, you know the kind you mix up with yeast...didn't have any so I used a can of biscuits.  I cut each biscuit into thirds.  Rolled each like a  snake about 6 inches long.  Then I drowned them in melted butter and rolled them individually in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.  Stretched them a little bit and tied a knot.  Places them on my pizza stone at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.  Mnmmm, mmmm, mmmm!  I think there are three left!

2 comments

  1. Again I say booo on Cinnamon Knots. I feel like I should have one of those giant foam fingers with the letters MB on it :)
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

newer older Home